Learn More About clarksusa.com
C. & J. Clark International Ltd is a British shoe manufacturer and retailer that has become immensely popular all over the world for its stylish footwear for the sophisticated and fashionable in mind. Founded in 1825 by Quaker brothers Cyrus and James Clark in Street, Somerset, England, the company has over 1,000 branded stores and franchises around the world and also sells through third-party distribution. The company is 84% owned by the Clark family while the remaining 16% held by employees and related institutions. In 2013, it made a profit of £150 million on sales of £1,433m making it the 31st largest private company in the UK. It moved to India in 2010 where is now has 25 stand-alone stores, and relaunched itself in China, where it has opened 400 outlets in partnership with local footwear retailers. The origins of of C. & J. Clark can be traced back to 182. Cyrus Clark entered into a partnership with a Quaker cousin in the trade of fellmongering, woolstapling and tanning in Street, Somerset which started this whole idea of this business.
The company is famous for its signature products including Joyance sandal, Desert Boot, Wallabee, and Desert Trek. Desert Boot is a unique ankle height boot with crepe rubber sole usually made out of calf suede leather. This special leather is supplied by Charles F Stead & Co tannery in Leeds. Desert Boot was launched in 1950 the designed by Nathan Clark (great-grandson of James Clark). The design was inspired by the unlined suede boot profile produced in the bazaars of Cairo and worn by British officers in the Second World War.
Another famous production of the store is Wallabee which were first produced in 1967 and are based on a moccasin called the Grashopper. In conjunction with Jack Rose-Smith (Clarks Overseas Shoes Export Manager), Bob Cullerton (the President for Clarks in America/Clarks of England), Hugh Woods (Managing Director of Clarks Canada), Roberts trademarked the name Wallabee. In the TV series, Breaking Bad, lead character Walter White wears Wallabees, just about the only shoe he wears from the beginning of the five-season series until its completion.
The website of C. & J. Clark International Ltd allows you to buy first class shoes right from your house. All you have to do is log in and choose whatever you want to buy. Every product is showcased with detailed information about the product along. This helps the customer to buy the best that they deserve. Displaying class and style in footwear since years C. & J. Clark has been setting trends in the fashion industry, providing comfortable footwear to many known personalities even including famous rappers like the New York-based hip-hop group the Wu-Tang Clan. Being one of the oldest stores, it has a huge community of loyal customers who trust the company and has been buying from it since years now.
As the online transactions may be a bit unsafe sometimes, C. & J. Clark ensures that all your data is protected using high security algorithms to ensure that no one but the company can use your information and that too only for the purpose of booking your orders.